Security Vacation Club
The Security Vacation Club award is undeniably the highest recognition of the top 1% of the security industry. Criterias to qualify for this award are as strict on the technical content as on the entertainment part. Given the incremental number of security conferences and the decremental number of interesting topics covered, the community expressed his needs of a "Guide Michelin" dedicated to research areas, conferences and much more.
Here is a list of conferences that are certified by the Security Vacation Club. If you want to apply your conference to be approved by the Security Vacation Club, send details of the conference (including the location, summary, main purpose, past key speakers and talks, etc.), why you think your conference qualify for the SVC and a small logo (height 64 pixels) of the conference to our Community Manager at msuiche(at)moonsols(dot)com. Your application will be reviewed and answered withing 45 business days.
HES is a 100% hardcore technical security conference. HES is unique by its continuous outstanding technical quality, but also by its unusual freedom and spirit. HES is a 100% non profit conference, mainly supported by the /tmp/lab Parisian hackerspace and generous sponsors.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Some of you might remember the first HITB conference at Cititel Hotel, Kuala Lumpur back in 2003. That year HD Moore spoke about Metasploit back when it was just the Metasploit Framework. That very conference also marked the last public appearance for LSD Group aka The Hackers Who Broke Windows. Sounds like a decade ago?
Sao Paulo, Brazil; Cancun, Mexico
Hackers To Hackers Conference (H2HC) é uma conferência organizada por pessoas que trabalham ou que estão diretamente envolvidas com pesquisas e desenvolvimento na área de segurança da informação, cujo principal objetivo é permitir a disseminação, discussão e a troca de conhecimento sobre segurança da informação entre os participantes e também entre as empresas envolvidas no evento.
Singapore, Singapore; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Taipei, Taiwan; Bangkok, Thailand
- The Symposium on Security for Asia Network (SyScan) aims to be a very different security conference from the rest of the security conferences that the information security community in Asia has come to be so familiar and frustrated with. SyScan is not a product or vendor conference that is sales and marketing oriented. SyScan is a deep knowledge technical security conference. It is the aspiration of SyScan to congregate in Asia the best security experts in their various fields, to share their research, discovery and experience with all security enthusiasts in Asia.
- The number #1 conference in Hawaii.
- Immunity's conference.
- REcon is a computer security conference held annually in Montreal, Canada. It offers a single track of presentations over the span of three days with a focus on reverse engineering and advanced exploitation techniques.
Wellington, New Zealand
- Kiwicon is the fourth (or fifth - we couldn't stay sober enough at Brightstar to rate it accurately) best technical computer security conference in the Australia-Pacific region but remains triumphant as New Zealand's best (only) hacker conference. Organised by a masochistic cabal of the security community, Kiwicon attempts to bring together the commercial infosec industry, academics, students, and hobbyist hackers to discover the new, the interesting, and technologically crackin'. Nostalgia is also permitted within the clearly marked areas, or a 10 metres around metlstorm and pipes' centres of gravity .
Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Electronic Knock Out Party - Security Conference, is a one of a kind event in South America; an annual security conference held in Buenos Aires, where security specialists from all over Latin America (and beyond) have the chance to get involved with state-of-art techniques, vulnerabilities, and tools in a relaxed environment never seen before.
- ZeroNights is an international conference dedicated to the practical side of information security. ZeroNights shows new attack methods and threats, discovers new possibilities of attack and defense, and suggests out-of-the-box security solutions.